What is this mysterious craft called ‘Method Acting’? Is it really the magic behind all great actors? But what is the secret? Presented by Zara Stars and taught by one of the GCC’s leading acting teachers, Alex Broun, this intensive masterclass weekend will unlock the secrets of the four great “acting methods”: Constantin Stanislavski, Sanford Meisner, Lee Strasberg and Stella Adler.
Day 1 – Unlock the mysteries of The Method: Day one will be dedicated to exploring each of these four legendary methods. Participants will learn about all four of these techniques, which are used by many of the world’s leading actors, and most importantly, you will discover which “method” works best for you.
Day 2 – Use what you’ve learnt in scene work: On the second day each actor will be given a carefully selected scene and have the chance to use the techniques they have learnt and apply them to stage and screen scenes which you will rehearse with a scene partner.
Kick-start your acting career: The course climaxes with a showcase on the Sunday evening where the scenes will be filmed and presented to an invited audience of family and friends. At the end of the weekend you will also be sent a fully edited version of the scene you filmed which you use in future auditions and casting
Who will you learn from?
Meet your coach, widely regarded as the GCC’s leading expert on method acting. Alex employs a contemporary, Method-based approach, integrating sensory work, active imagination, and exercises focused on moment-to-moment awareness and given circumstances. Known for his immersive teaching style, Alex has a unique ability to bring out the very best in every actor, fostering a deep connection to their craft.
What to Expect
This masterclass is your gateway to understanding the nuances of Method Acting. Over the course of two days, you’ll dive into a comprehensive program designed to make you a confident and compelling actor and absorbing story teller.
- Explore the fundamentals of Method Acting and understand its transformative power in crafting authentic performances.
- Delve into the techniques of the four pillars of Method Acting – Stanislavski, Stella Adler, Lee Strasberg, and Meisner.
- Intensive scene work with your scene partner, guided personally by the course leader, Alex Broun.
- Learn script analysis, character preparation, rehearsals, and on-camera technique – essential skills for any actor.
- Benefit from hands-on, guided practice sessions by a skilled and experienced practitioners whose teaching methods have been acclaimed around the world.
- Gain a profound understanding of the diverse methods employed by A-list actors, empowering you to discover your own unique acting style.
- A professional showreel to kickstart your acting career.
- Conclude the masterclass with a showcase, where you get to perform and demonstrate your growth as an actor during the certification event.
- Dates: 9th and 10th March
- Timings: 10 am – 5 pm, each day
- WhatsApp: +971586837077
- Location: Zara Stars studios.
- Fee: Day 1 only – AED 1100/-.
Day 1+2 (with showreel) – AED 1750/-